An avid debater during his law school days, Izwan has nearly a decade of experience practising law and advising high growth companies in business and legal affairs.
In addition to compliance matters, Izwan has wide experience acting for investors namely venture capital and private equity funds in their funds formation and investments.
Izwan has a law degree from Universiti Teknologi MARA.
- Represented a Malaysian based VC fund on its $2 mil led series A investment in an ecommerce platform.
- Acted for a Malaysian government funding agency on various investments in early stage startups.
- Acted for a Malaysian equity crowdfunding operator on carrying out legal due diligence for issuers hosting crowfunding campaigns on its platform.
- Acted for a Malaysian based private equity fund management in setting up diversified funds valued at RM300 mil in total.
- Acted for a Singapore family office on its proposed buyout of GP clinics and dental clinics in Malaysia.
- Acted for a high growth media company on its proposed initial coin offering in Malaysia.
- Acted for a high net worth individual on its fund formation to trade foreign securities.
- Advised a sovereign wealth backed VC fund on its fund formation with a government funding agency as its co-investor.
- Advised an investee company on receiving investments under the Bank Negara Malaysia’s Foreign Exchange Administration Rules from a leading PE fund.
Corporate & Commercial
- Advised a Malaysian high growth multimedia technology company on restructuring its group of companies.
- Advised an international research centre on its licensing arrangements and commercialisation efforts through the licensing of its plant varieties.
- Advised a sports management company on its proposed e-sports business.
Regulatory & Compliance
- Acted for a Malaysian based private equity fund manager on its application to be registered as a private equity fund management with the Securities Commission.
- Acted for a Singapore based equity crowdfunding platform on setting up its platform in Malaysian in accordance with the Securities Commission’s requirements.
- Advised a leading Unites States based donation crowdfunding operator on operationalising its online platform in Malaysia.
- Acted for a subsidiary of an ACE Market listed company on its application to the Securities Commission to be registered as a Peer to Peer (P2P) platform.
- Acted for a Singapore based peer to peer (P2P) operator on its licensing submission to the Securities Commission
- Acted for a New York based robo advisory firm on its application to the Securities Commission to be licensed as a robo adviser
- Acted for a Hong Kong based credit rating agency on the localisation of its internal policies in accordance with the requirements imposed by the Securities Commission.